The Wonderful World of Becca

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Princesses

I was reading this neat little book last night. It's designed for women either to work through together or alone and it's pretty neat.
I read the prologue last night and it was about a Dad calling his daughter a princess and as it went on and the girl grew to become a woman, she turned to faith because of this unconditional love she felt when she'd been called a princess as a child. It's a pretty cool story and I don't tell it very well, but let's face it, how many converts to Christianity are we going to get by going round and telling women they're princesses? My guess is not many.
I was struck by this book though and it helped me to remember how much God loves me and how important I am in his eyes. And I liked that.
In God's eyes I am a princess, I am a somebody and he loves me. Mmmmm. It reminded me of a conversation I heard between 2 sisters a few weeks back. It went like this...
Claire: Oh, I'm so rubbish at colouring.
Emma: Claire, you can't say that coz if you're rubbish at it, that means you think God is rubbish.
Claire: What? What are you talking about?
Emma: God let you be able to colour, so if you think you're rubbish at it, that means you think what God's has let you do is rubbish and you think he is rubbish.

When I heard those girls a few weeks ago I was struck by it. Now, I'm not one to like the way I look, but by saying I'm not happy about it I am in a sense saying I don't like how God created me. Mmmm, now there's some food for thought...

***

And with that, it's time for my bone scan.... The department of nuclear medicine here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home