The Wonderful World of Becca

Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring Harvest!

So, Becky wants to know what happened. And for anyone else interested....

Spring Harvest.... So, sure I went last saturday. I was proper excited for 3 reasons; firstly some time away from Croydon and my church, secondly a chance to do the same work as I normally do, but in a different place with different people who have different ideas and thirdly a chance to see some of the folk I met when I went last year; all good! So it was really exciting.

Day 1 was just registration for the kids and then we had a team meeting etc.

Day 2 was our first day with the kids; all good; got to know them a bit, got to know more of the team etc.

Day 3; first exciting day; L's Dad came in and told us that D's sister had been rushed into hospital with poison pouring from her head, had seen 7 drs and none of them could help (ok so you're thinking that's not exciting) well, the dad asked our venue leader if we could pray for M, so she suggested J & I took our group to 'the prayerzone', which was a little gazebo for the kids to pray in. So we went in there and each child took a post it note and wrote a prayer on there. Then I passed round a glue stick and when a child had it, they could pray if they wanted. Many of them did. Was exciting to see so many of them responding to God.

Day 4; D & L came running in; M's out of hospital and she's ok. Praise the Lord! So L tells me about his dad's ear and how it's all blocked up and saw etc. So during the songs, L, D & myself go and do the post it and prayer thing.

Day 5; L comes in; Dad's ear's better! Praise the Lord! L & D were so excited that God is a healer and that he hears and answers our prayers. Was so lovely.

Day 6 was kinda cute; J (my co-worker) and I got bought 3 lots of chocolates each & a bracelet each. We also each got a card from B which said " Thank you for sharing God's love with me". That just melted my heart. Now I know that chocolates and gifts aren't the way to measure love, but it sure made us feel loved! Then at the end L's mum was telling us how much she appreciated it and how her & D's mum had brought 10/11 foster children with them and they'd all had the best week of their lives. Then she went on to say how the 2 boys had seemed to have the best time of all of the kids. And when they filled in the parent evaluation form she asked them what they'd change about their group and they said 'nothing it was perfect'. By this point she was in tears and hugging me. It was so gorgeous. There are so many other examples of how God worked and moved, but that's enough! It was so wonderful!

I went to a groovy seminar about guidance and another one about prayer. I felt really challenged to sort out my prayer time with God and become a prayer warrior. The guidance one was cool (although it didn't really help me much!); I was challenged by something the woman said; she said that sometimes God has something specific he wants us to do and sometimes he doesn't. And in the times there's not anything specific for us to do, we shouldn't worry about what we should be doing, but instead we should try and follow the other guidance he's left for us in the Bible. That was cool.

The other thing I really liked.... we were put into these groups called 'care groups' and at the end of the week, our care group leader awarded us all certificates and mine was 'Star of the week for Green ladders prayer co-ordinator' (green ladders was my group btw) And that made me smile lots coz I dunno, it just did!

So I had a great week. I went to hear Andy Flan and Lou Fellingham in concert. I also went to some hench Hillsongs worship evening; that was amazing.

Man it was so great; God is so good!

1 Comments:

At 2:25 pm, Blogger *Becky* said...

man... sounds really awesome :) im so glad you had the chance to get away and meet with people and meet with god and experience things... so good.

and an email is on the way... i promise...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home