The Wonderful World of Becca

Friday, April 14, 2006

This Easter time...

So, it's that time of year again. Unsurprisingly churches get busy places at this time of year, so I've been a busy bunny this week. But praise God for some time off starting Monday!
So, what have I been up to?

Wednesday evening was cool; TNT1, TNT2, Steakhouse, House and our associate students all went bowling. So there were about 25 of us and we had 4 lanes. It was mighty hilarious. IJ thought it'd be a good idea to talk all the way down her lan, stand about a foot away from the pins and try to cheat. More fool her; she still missed! That was funny, until Sean decided to do the same and then we had security onto us. These Christians ey?!

Yesterday should have been a day off, but I worked. Then in the evening there was a passover supper at church. I've never been to one of these before, so I went. It was cool... we did like 3 blessings for the wine (or grape juice in my case!) then we had 'bitter herbs', which was lettuce dipped in red wine vinegar and then we had matzos (unleavened bread) and lamb soup (or vegetable for us veggies). Then we shared communion together which was groovy. I sat with David and Lindsey and Ailsa.

Today, we had our All Age worship this morning; was kinda cool. Then we did our walk of witness and reinactment of the crucifixion in town. Flip did it rain. I made the mistake of wearing jeans that were way too long for me and suede trainers. Needless to say my legs and feet were soaking! I always find the reinactment kinda odd. I've seen it so many times it almost seems just like a show. Although it was brought home a bit more today; I was standing with Mark and he decided to join in by shouting 'crucify him'. That didn't sit well with me; initially it made me jump, then it just made me feel bad! On reflection, technically he was doing the right thing coz the crowd were shouting crucify him coz they didn't like him. I guess it's just coz I'm watching it as a Christian who loves Jesus, so I find it hard to then think about shouting 'crucify him'! With all the rain though and Andy on the cross (as Jesus) wearing a pair of boxers, a loin cloth and lots of make up (!) it made me realise more of what Jesus went through... We don't know what the weather was like when he was crucified!

The Bible doesn't talk about the weather much does it?!

So, this afternoon the relatives come over. Don't know how that will be. No doubt the TV will be on and they'll all fall asleep! That's what normally happens. Maybe I'll do some work!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home