The Wonderful World of Becca

Monday, June 28, 2010

Reflections

So, this family are leaving my church because we have a new vicar coming, she is female, and the family do not agree with women vicars.

What I find strange/amusing/intriguing about this particular issue is this;

The mother in this family was the driving force behind prayer meetings during the selection process to ensure that the right person was appointed. So... I wonder how she is feeling? what she is thinking? Does she believe God answered these prayers? Does she believe that the right person has been appointed?

Hmm....

1 Comments:

At 3:01 am, Blogger Liz Lancs said...

As a Christian, I was taught to be fair in everything I do, to love my neighbour, to show respect for others and have tolerance.
(and a whole load of other stuff too)
It doesn't strike me as a very Christianly attitude to shun a vicar just because she's female.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home