The Wonderful World of Becca

Thursday, April 27, 2006

So....

So, these past couple of months the whole world has been asking
me what I'm gonna do in september, so...

As I dwellt in the concept of uni more and the course itself I
became less and less convinced about it. I have no problem with
moving out of home, but I think the studying would be quite
hard. My heart was no longer in the course, so I rejected both
places at uni.

I then came across a course run by the OU in childhood and youth
studies. So after much prayer and discussion with a close friend
and my parents, I've decided this would be a good option. So I've
applied for this and am awaiting the final confirmation in a few
weeks time. It will take me 6 years to do the degree. I'll be
studying one module a year, for 9 months of each year, with about
16 hours of study each week. Alongside that I hope to get some
work in schools, either as a teaching assistant or an individual
support assistant. During these 6 years, I will continue my
involvement at St M's and also supporting Eleanor in GCU. I will
also spend this time trying to discern whether full time ministry
or full time childrens ministry is where God wants me, as
currently I feel this may be where he's calling me. So that's my
6-7 year plan!

So, that's all very exciting!
Tomorrow I leave my teenage years behind me. I'm gonna be 20!!
Wooo! Not doing anything majorly exciting! Going to a random
founders day service for my old school, which is kinda groovy!
Then doing creche and Brownies. And in the evening I'm gonna
get a pizza and a DVD and chill out with the family.
Good times!

2 Comments:

At 5:21 am, Blogger *Becky* said...

soo... i think youve made a good decision. it gets you the best of both worlds... you get the degree so you look "official" and can get good jobs (and get paid better)... but you dont have to go hardcore and you can still work and do what you want to do in the meantime. sounds superb to me :)

hope alls well with you... did you have a good bday??

 
At 6:58 pm, Blogger Becca said...

mmm, good decision deffo!
All's well - busy tho. Had a great bday thanks - got to see Jonah and lots of other cool people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home