The Wonderful World of Becca

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bowled over by God!

It never ceases to amaze me how it often takes other people to point out to me how God is working in my life and which doors he may be opening. Again with this friend this morning I had quite a conversation.

We talked about my love for pre-school and how I'm not gonna have much work there for a wee while. And we talked about my degree and how that fitted into my work at pre-school. I'm not sure it does entirely, but who knows! I guess it is loosely connected seeing as it's childhood and youth studies and at pre-school I work with 2-4 year olds!

She asked me if working at a pre-school/nursery/playgroup (whatever you wanna call it!) is something I could see myself doing more long-term. And I guess it is (so I said it was!). So we talked about the possibilty of me finding more permanent work. I think in order to do that I'd need to have an NVQ level 2 in child something or other!! So we talked about the possibility of me doing this NVQ. I've tried to research it a bit online, but not had much joy. I'm hoping Croydon College can send me some more info about it. But I can definately ask my colleagues at pre-school and one of my Brownies' Mum's is doing it too.

Ironically this friend said pretty much what Becky's comment said on a previous entry of mine; how Magdalene pre-school has given me a taste of working in that kind of environment and how my eyes have been opened to it and I've loved it. So maybe it's God opening a door and showing me the way to go.

So hopefully I'll hear back from Croydon College and then I can see whether I'd be able to do an NVQ and whether I can do it alongside my degree. It may be possible, but I'll have to wait and see. I'm still in awe of how God's changed me... When I was in 6th form I hated studying, I had no self-discipline, I was not motivated and studying was a joke. I really feared this would happen with my OU degree, but God has amazed me again. I've been so disciplined and motivated. Ok, I've had a few bad days, but ultimately it's been all good! And I've been succeding, I've had good marks and it's going amazingly. Thank you God! So that gives me comfort and it makes it seem slightly realistic that I could do module 2 whilst doing an NVQ.

My eyes had been shut to this though. Before my friend made these suggestions about church and pre-school this morning, someone else had actually mentioned the church thing and Becky mentioned pre-school. But on both occassions I didn't follow it up, I stayed away from it coz it felt uncomfortable. The fact that these things have been suggested to me by a few people who don't even know each other, suggests that maybe God is actually in this and maybe this is his way of unfolding his will to me.

Ultimately it's not about the comfortable life is it? As I said earlier if the friendships are so important at church, they will remain. The same stands for work, if the friendships with my colleagues are so important, they'll remain. Coz that's what my gut reaction with pre-school was; I love the kids, but more than that, I know and love the staff, it's comfortable, it's good. I guess it may be time for me to take a risk, to leave my comfort zone. But I can't do it alone. I need God and I need him to mark my steps out so clearly.

*****

Aside from that, last night it snowed, so it looked all pretty when I woke up this morning :-) But it did mean the traffic went a bit crazy! And it also meant the car needed scrapping and my fingers got cold!!!

Tonight I have to go to church - Stanley Tech have their founders day service and Richard has asked me if I'll open up, supervise and lock up. Groan! Well it is money at least, but it's gonna be flippin' freezin'!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home