The Wonderful World of Becca

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Emotional nothing-in-particular-ness

Had a manic weekend of various celebrations mostly involving food (!) for Mum's 50th! Brunch, dinner, dinner, lunch; busyness! Good though.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed with emotional nothing-in-particular-ness!! Dad and I made this DVD for Mum's birthday of photos through her life. It brought back a lot of memories coz we had to look through a LOT of photos. So many memories were brought back; times as a kid, times when I had an Auntie, times when my Uncle was fit and healthy etc. And a bunch of emotions were stirred up -when I was a kid life was simple, I was thinner than I am now (altho I was quite a chubby kid!), life had a purpose (altho what it was I'm not so sure!) and it was all good (well, mostly).

Now things seemed to have taken a different route and life's not quite so mapped out and hunky dory all the time. Wouldn't it be grand to feel great and loved and be doing amazing things all the time?! I wish I could just click my fingers and everything would change!! Wishful thinking though me thinks.

Today someone came up to me at church and said "God's told me you're gonna be a vicar. So when you gonna start training?" I was quite taken back by this, but amazingly unalarmed and it did kinda sit with me. Hmmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home