The Wonderful World of Becca

Saturday, September 16, 2006

60th post!

Ok so this thing really does need an update...
Here's a quick round-up of the summer... after our Jungle Jamboree holiday club at church I went off to Witney (well Standlake Ranch to be precise!) in Oxford for 6 nights with the Girl Crusaders' Union. We had 25 8-12 year old girls in 3 dorms and I was co-leader of one dorm. It was a really lovely week. Hannah and Rachel lead the camp and they're in the GCU 20's & 30's group, so I know them really well and they are SO lovely. It was really nice not to have any of the big names there!! The team was more or less the same as the Adcote team 2 years ago, so that was kinda cool. A good week all round!

I was back for a weekend and then went to NYC with my family. That was great. It was SO busy coz there's SO much to do there, but it was awesome. We did all the touristy things; Empire State, Macy's, Bloomingdales, The Met, Staten Island ferry past the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero. Saw Beauty and the Beast on Broadway - it was awesome. Went to some great restaurants. My 2 faves were Bubba Gumps - the most amazing fish place (well shrimps mostly) and also Serendipity - just an all round swell place. I bought far too much - some T-Shirts, Hoodies, sweets, general souvenirs - all good!!

Was back for the best part of a week before heading off to Greenbelt @ Cheltenham racecourse. Went with Zoe and we managed to get there without getting lost. We shared a 4 man tent for the weekend - that was pretty neat and SO easy to put up! I did kids work for the weekend, so spent a lot of time with the workers on team, especially Phil & Chris and their girls - I met them at GB a few years back and we've stayed in touch and got quite close, so it was LOVELY to spend a whole weekend with them :-) Also met up with Deanne who's been on team previous years, but wasn't this year, so that was pretty cool. Although I was working I felt well relaxed and refreshed from it, I think coz I was just able to have a good time without having to think about what was coming next!! Zoe and I got spectacularly lost on the way home, but hey, such is life!!!

Then the following week my brother was in a show. So I was a chaperone in a dressing room for most evenings, which was cool as I'd met most of the girls last year. Then saw the show on the last night - it was awesome. I was such a proud sister - my bro was one of the Kaisercheifs (sp?) and the Pogues - he was so good!

Did a 5K - walked it, that was cool - so now I have my first ever medal!!

Then Mum & Dad went to Venice for 3 days, so I played Mum!!! Cooking, cleaning, ironing, washing - it was cool, but couldn't do it for life!! I think I could cope with just myself, but no family or anything please!!

Life's back to normal now... job hunting... course material has arrived... church is kinda busy... life is getting insane. But hey, we press on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home