The Wonderful World of Becca

Friday, September 22, 2006

Wedding prep

Don't panic it's not me - I'm NOT getting married! But Katherine is, tomorrow and it's so exciting. I'm so excited for her and Zander. It's gonna be beautiful. So, we've had some cool happenings leading up to it....

2 Saturdays ago we had the hen night. We went into town; first to a mexican restaurant, then to a pub, then to a bar/club. At each place Katherine was given a clue (so she could work out where we were going next) and some puzzle pieces (to make the puzzle as we went along). So we had some mighty fine mexican food - ooooh it was DELICIOUS! Then we had a drink and did kareoke in the pub (well K and Sarah sang Waterloo!) Which was followed by some more drinking and some dancing. There's some real sleezeballs in Croydon - one danced with K, so we formed a ring of protection around her with Joe (yes a bloke) on the outside with his arms folded! You've got to have met Joe to understand the affect he has! (Man I love that guy) The last clue led her to Zander and he had the final puzzle pieces :-)

Then 2 Wednesdays ago we had a bridal shower. It was grand. We had nibbles and drinks and lots of cakes. K LOVES to bake so she had lots of baking presents bought for her and we all bought our fave recipe to put in a book for her.

Then on Tuesday just gone I went round to pick some stuff up from their house and they invited me in. So I spent a good hour there, getting to know K's family (coz they're all over from America!) and we watched the DVD that's gonna be shown at the wedding. It was gorgeous!! Man those guys are so cute!

Then last night we had the rehearsal which was cool. Met the rest of K's family, her friends from New York and Zander's parents. Rehearsal went well. Then 16 of us bundled down to Planet Spice and had Indian! It was delicious. I sat with Joe and Chrissy and Will and Rach. I love K's family, they're all so amazing and lovely. They just chat away and love you as if you're part of the family. It was so special.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow. Alex (Zander) and K are the cutest couple and I have an ENORMOUS sense of God's hand and blessing being totally upon them like I've never felt anything else like it before.
Will tell ya how tomorrow goes...

1 Comments:

At 8:40 pm, Blogger *Becky* said...

aww, thats awesome. i love weddings so much! i remember when my sis got married, i had some great times at showers/decorating times/prepping/rehearsals etc. good times all around. mmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home