The Wonderful World of Becca

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Holding hands


Unfortunately I've not had any amazing revelations from God recently. Maybe I'm just being ignorant.

I guess the one thing that keeps coming back to me is trusting him totally and taking his hand as he walks me through whatever lies ahead in life. I've probably said this before, but something I realised I'd learnt in my year with church is that God taught me how to hold his hand and in times I let go of his hand, he just kept on holding onto mine.

Often I want life to be all this extravagant (sp?) stuff and I think it's not alright to just be. Well actually all the time God is taking me on a journey and more often than not it seems that I don't know where he's taking me, but I just have to totally trust, totally surrender and never let go of his hand!

1 Comments:

At 8:43 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

So I realize that this was written two years ago, but I know how you feel. It's frustrating to feel like you're in a standstill with God. Almost as if everyone around you has hit a growth spurt and you are still standing there. Honestly, this is the time where I feel like not doing anything about it. I just want to give up and wait for God to come to me. But I always get the feeling that this is when God wants me to press in to him. Go running into his arms and just rest in his presence. Try it the next time you feel this way. It is hard, but God provides. Time and again, he will never fail you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home