The Wonderful World of Becca

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Dad's birthday celebrations

Today is Dad's birthday. We've spent most of the day in town as we went to see The Lion King. I saw it about 5 years ago for Jess' 16th, so it bought back memories of back then. But it was still fab second time round. I was so struck by the music and the beauty of the costumes and the thought and time and effort that must have gone into making that show what it is. I love music, it evokes so much emotion within me.

In the opening song Rafiki is singing and when she started singing this really cute asian kid infront of us jumped up and flung his arms wide open - he was declaring the show open!! It was cute, he was obviously excited and wanted to show everyone around him the effect the show was having on him!! I on the other hand just felt full of emotion and wanted to burst into tears!!! And that happened again in the last song! I don't know what it is, but music just wells me up with emotion like nothing else has ever done!

The show really spoke to me actually. The bit where Mufasa is telling Simba that he is always with him and will always be a part of him was like God speaking right to my heart.

It made my think about my life and what I'm doing with it. It reminded me of my passion for music and it made me wanna get myself into some decent orchestras, so watch this space!!!

After that we went to Smollenskys which was cool. Had a falafel burger which was gorgeous and lots of white wine!! A really lovely day and I feel really happy :-)

1 Comments:

At 5:45 am, Blogger *Becky* said...

sounds like you had a good night... im rather jealous about the lion king, ive never had the chance to go see it, but several people i know have and they all say its amazing. someday, someday i shall go. maybe in nyc, that would be cool :)

orchestras are awesome, if i played anything other than piano (well, played it WELL), i would be in one in a heartbeat. mmm so good.

take care my dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home