The Wonderful World of Becca

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The God of hope

I woke up this morning and one of the first things I noticed was a verse of scripture printed on the bottom of a thank you card. It read "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace" Rom 15:13. And then a song popped into my head, I think it's a kids song and it basically quotes this scripture. I thought nothing more of it and went off to the gym.

On coming back from the gym I was met by the post and opened a prayer letter from an SU worker and at the beginning she quoted "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13. Wow, to be hit by that same verse twice in one morning from 2 completely different sources... so I've kinda been meditating on that today.

Other than that, I wasn't in such a great mood today... woke up feeling refreshed, but by the time I got to the gym (about 9:30) I felt exhausted already and kinda unmotivated. The morning plodded on and I studied a bit. Then I had a bassoon lesson this afternoon and that sure changed things. Boy do I love music. It fills me with such joy and my bassoon teacher is such a doll. It was great. Then I spoke to Jane on the phone, that was good too. And I chatted with Joe about my assignment and that was SO helpful :-)

Yesterday I had to teach 6 kids the oboe. That was kinda cool. 2 kids stood out to me - one was great and one didn't really have a clue. I found out today that the great kid has been on casualty and some advert on tv - cool beans, I taught a famous kid without even knowing it!! Ok, slight exaggeration, but hey hum!!

To bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home