The Wonderful World of Becca

Friday, February 23, 2007

Trust

Last night I was in the car with Mum and Matt coming back from Bluewater via Swanley. Mum was worried about getting from Bluewater to Swanley without getting lost, so I paid close attention and we did manage to get there ok. However because we've come home from Swanley so many times and we were so busy talking that somehow we got lost. We were on the M25, but heading in the wrong direction. So we came off at the next junction and I saw a sign towards Brands Hatch. I knew that if we got to Brands Hatch we could get back onto the M25 coz there's a turning off of it to Brands Hatch, so I told her to keep going to Brands Hatch.

We'd driven a few miles and came to a petrol station. I knew Mum would stop and guess what? She did. I told her she didn't need to coz if we just went on to Brands Hatch we could get back onto the M25, but she still insisted on asking the guy in the petrol station. I got a bit annoyed and told her she didn't trust me, but she said she did, but just wanted to double check. So after checking, she discovered I was right and we were indeed heading in the right direction.

This annoyed me and I said straight up that if Mum really trusted me she'd have kept driving the way I told her and wouldn't have asked in the petrol station. Anyway, we kinda agreed to disagree... I was determined that if she'd really trusted me, she'd have kept driving and Mum said she just wanted to double-check.

This got me thinking about my relationship with God.... He calls us to trust him 100%, but how many times do we think we know best and try to head off on our own way. How many times does he say "Go do this, but instead we fumble around, ask other people and try something else first". Yet God doesn't want us to to that, he just wants us to trust him. Fortunately I'm not God, so Mum didn't need to trust me 100% coz I'm only human and I could have been wrong. But God is God and he totally wants us to trust him.

Then today I flipped this over the other way.... God's trusting us with his world, like totally. Ok, so he's still in control and such like, but how much trust is he placing on us to look after his world and to do his will despite giving us free will?

How much am I trusting him?

******

Aside from that... I'm off to Exeter later to see Stu and Katy. Yay :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home